With Mother's Day fast approaching, there is no better time to start looking for the perfect gift!
Flowers are always a lovely gesture but. art prints are a great way to surprise your Mum with a unique gift that they can admire in their home well past the life span of a bouquet of beautiful blooms. Mothering Sunday is a lovely day to express your appreciation and love for your Mum and celebrate them to the fullest.
Choosing wall art as a gift can be difficult as you have to consider the size, the style, the colour and also where the recipient might want to display it in their home. For your Mum, there is the added consideration of tastefulness! Whilst we love a cheeky typography print, this might not be suitable or appropriate as a Mother's Day gift.
Finding the right balance for this occasion is key to the gift being a success on the day! Before purchasing wall art for your Mum consider the following:
1. What is her current interior style? Does your Mum live in a traditional property with original features or a modern, minimalist home? Art can look really out of place if the design doesn't match the interior style.
2. What colours does your Mum have in her home? Pay attention to the colour themes and try to find something that would compliment the space. Also, if you don't know, ask her what colours she really doesn't like!
3. How big is her house and what wall space does she have? There is no point treating your Mum to a large A1 framed art print if there is no space for her to display it.
4. What themes bring your Mum joy? Does she have a favourite colour, animal or place that brings happy memories? Sentimental gifts are the best and will be a winner on the day.
5. What frame finish will work the best with the art print and your Mum's home decor? Adding a picture frame to your wall art is the finishing touch but get it wrong and it will stand out for all the wrong reasons. A classic black or white wood frame are timeless and will fit in with nearly all interior styles.
Now that you have considered the above pointers, you should now be ready to start shopping for a tasteful art print that your mum will love. Here are some of our favourites to inspire you.
Travel prints are a great way to evoke happy memories of your favourite holiday destinations, landmarks or your home town. Our map prints are available in range of different colours and different cities so you can find something that your Mum will love!
This neutral design would make a perfect Mother's Day gift as it can be easily styled in any home decor style and if you don't want to buy a large print, the map looks just as beautiful in A4 and can be placed on a desk in a home office or on a sideboard in a hall way.
Flowers are always a beautiful gift for Mother's Day so why not treat your Mum to some botanical wall art of her favourite blooms? Did you know that there are 33 known species of Peony? The delicate flower looks just as good in bad as it does in full bloom and our stunning Neutral Peonies prints are a great way to enjoy their beauty well beyond their real life expiry date.
Let your Mum enjoy these gorgeous flowers all year long. The neutral designs can be easily moved around the to suit any interior style and will look just as good hanging above a bed as they would in a living room above a sofa. Why not buy both designs and let your Mum play around with the placement in her home?
Monochrome wall art is perfect for any home decor style. This illustrated floral poster, is a tasteful design that your Mum will love! The classic colour scheme and flower outline add interest without being too garish! The abstract illustration is also a great gift idea if you are not sure what your Mum will like in her home.
Get in A3 so that it is big enough to make an impact (you have to be confident if you're going to gift someone abstract art) but it will be versatile enough to move around the house. It can easily be styled in an ensuite, toilet or kitchen as a way of adding interest without being too literal.
Another tasteful art print idea for Mother's Day is a stylish illustrated design to compliment their decor. We have a wide selection of beautiful abstract posters in a range of different colours so you can confidently buy your Mum a gift that she will love!
If you know that your Mum would love some new wall art but you can't decide on the perfect design for her, then why not treat her to one our gift cards? This will be sent to your inbox (or you can send it straight to your Mum's email) and let her shop online from the comfort of her own home.
Don't forget Mother's Day in the UK is on Sunday 27th March 2022 so leave enough time to get your new art prints delivered! If you purchase one of our frames with your order, you can select our Premimum Same Day Shipping option at the checkout to get your order fast tracked!
Take a look at our full range of high quality prints here.